Friday 6 March 2009

Melbourne

yet again, my time has been slightly spoiled by the rain, this time in Melbourne. Thursday was horrible. it didn't really stop raining all day. I know they need it over here but it's very annoying for tourists, especially one who left his waterproof coat on a boat in Milford Sound (whoops).
The bus was ful for the Great Ocean Road trip on Friday unfortunately so I wasn't able to do that today either

Yesterday I wandered around the city whenever the rain let up a bit and when it really picked up I went for a wander around the Melbourne Gaol and the Melbourne Museum respectively. the Gaol in particular was very interesting. the museum was good, although the absolutely massive section aboutt bugs and insects made me feel thoroughly dirty, and it wasn't improved by the seemingly hundreds of little schoolgirls screaming at the exhibits, although i did have to surpress the urge to join in when one of the tarantulas i assumed was dead started to move.

Slight improvement in the weather today. no rain but still plenty of cloud. very annoying. I went to the Zoo this morning which was great. probably not as good as San Diego Zoo was but they still had some really good animals, including massive tortoises, bears and of course the Orang-utans. They are just so human it's unbelievable. the weather vleared noticeably this afternoon so i made use of my tram ticket and went for a walk around the Botanical Gardens and Albert Park.

I'm leaving Melbourne very early in the morning. I've got to meet the bus at 6am and i've got a bit of a walk to the meeting place so i'll probably be up at about half 4. oh dear. I'm not entirely sure what's going to be happening over the next few days. it's apparently going to take three days to get from here to sydney but where we are going and where we are stopping I dont have a clue, so that should be fun.

I'll post again when i next have net access.

2 comments:

  1. Hi paul,
    Hope your alarm didnt fail you and you were up with the larks. Do they have larks down under ?!?!? Anyway, take care and try not to leave anything of value or essential clothing behind. Is this losing/ breaking stuff all a ploy to make your rucksack a bit lighter...? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul.
    Can't believe you did a bungee jump, not sure I could do it. New Zealand sound lovely, me and sophie were looking for orks in your photos of Milford Sound. Not a lot to say about life here, looking forward to Katie's Hen Weekend, should be fun. Enjoy yourself, and look out for kangaroos.

    Shell

    ReplyDelete