Friday 10 April 2009

Bangkok

I know i only posted yesterday but I walked past an internet cafe so i thought i'd nip in to let you all know everything is fine. its also extraordinarily hot so its quite nice to get under some air conditioning for a while.


Theres was no problems on the plane from Sydney, and we landed in Bangkok at 11:30PM local time, which was pretty much exactly 24hours after i had got up the previous morning in Cairns. got through Immigration and baggage pick-up fairly quckly, and there was no customs check at all so it was all going rather smoothly. The Airport transfer i had booked with STA were even waiting for me with a sign with my name on it as soon as i walked out, so i should have known something was going to go wrong. the transfer had been booked to the wrong hotel, however through my tired and befuddled brain i managed to play ignorant enough until we got it sorted and i ended up at the right place eventually. I got into the hotel room at about 2:00, the room is very nice, and it was very strange sleeping in a room on my own for the first time since Los Angeles over 2 months ago.


i got up this morning - it was still morning just - had a wander through Chinatown, where the hotel is, and then i have just been to the Grand Palace. i have seen some incredible natural things on this trip, Death Valley, Milford Sound, Kuanda and the rainforest, but in terms of manmade sights, this place was extraordinary. It makes British architecture look fairly ridiculous.
I'm now on the Khao San Road, trying to look for something thats recognisable enough to eat. I'm meeting up with the trip tomorrow but i think we stay in Bangkok that night so I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow. I'll try to update every timer i see an internet cafe as i'm guessing they might be fairly rare, particularly in Cambodia




























3 comments:

  1. I think we have the same photo's!!

    You must have pad thai and green curry while you are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't wait to see your photos. What an amazing place.
    Take care
    Love
    Mum

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having trouble keeping up with you and your adventures what with chasing goats, jumping of bridges and such like. Hope you have as much fun on this last leg, i'm sure you will. Just had a call from yor mum they are taking us out tomorrow, i don't know where, probably national trust not upto the standard of what you are going to be seeing though. See you soon. Love auntie sue xx

    ReplyDelete