Sunday 1 March 2009

Sorry mum. If you weren't angry with me before, you will be now

I did a Bungee Jump today.

It was absolutely incredible. I won a pub quiz a couple of nights ago and the prize was a choice between a half-price white water rafting or a half-price Bungee, so i went for the latter. it was the 43 metre Kawarau Bridge, the first proper bungee location. I Cant describe how terrified i was when they were tying all the cords around my legs but as soon as they stood me up i realised I'd gone too far and all I could do was go for it. the feeling as i fell was incredible. I'm slightly disapointed I didn't touch the water but apart from that it was fantastic. the worst part of it was the hanging upside down as I was lowered into the boat. it was about three hours ago now and i still cant stop smiling, it was an unbelievably amazing experience.

apart from todays madness the last few days since i last undated have been quite uneventful. I've been through some truely beautiful places and done some nice walks but there's nothing particularly interesting happening. I'm now going to go for a walk around queenstown and see what it has to offer. I dont think I'll be doing anything more exiting though

going to Milford Sound tomorrow, and then tuesday is going to be mostly spent driving from Queenstown to Christchurch, so I can fly out to Australia on Wednesday. I will try to post again before i leave New Zealand

i'll try and get a video up soon

5 comments:

  1. I seem to remember something about a promise????? Actually I am not mad - I am quite pleased you went for it. I can't believe how brave you are. I am just glad I didn't know about it.

    Speak soon.

    Love Mum

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god Paul! lol thats very impressive, your far braver than me, im very scared of heights. Think a bungee jump would be my worst nightmare!Bet you cant wait for Australia :) enjoy your last days in New Zealand, take care!
    Love Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Paul Just read your latest post, Wow!!! Now I know you are crazy. I wish I was brave enough to do something like that but I'm not. I love the choice of prizes for winning the pub quiz, in England it would have been a bottle of wine or a tenner. You seem to be having lots of fun and more ups than downs. I'm at work on mt own (Laura dosn't work Mondays) so I can catch you up with whats happening here. Weather not to bad now I think spring is coming. Your mum told you about going to the opera the highlight for me was when Carmen was eating an apple she threw it across the stage and it bounced four times as it went across. I've just remembered I've not told you about my birthday present from Jack. We are going in a Hot Air Balloon I've not decided where we are going from yet but there are sites all over the country. We have also booked to go to Silverstone for the F1, thats for both our birthdays. I'm looking forward to a weekend away with your Mum and Auntie San for Katies hen do, I can't wait for the wedding. As you can see nothing much happening here but lots to look forward to. Hope you carry on enjoying yourself and it all lives up to your expectations. I suppose I should get on with some work, speak to you again soon Luv Auntie Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayup me duck!!! Bloody hell, I cant chuffin' believe that about the bungee, I kept yelping out loud as I was reading it! Haha, it's amazin'!
    I'm glad you are having a good time, I'm so chuffin' jealous!!! Have a brilliant time in Austrailia, and enjoy the rest of New Zealand! Speak to you soon, our Paul!
    Chuffin' Bungee.....!!!!!!!

    Love ya loads,
    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. chuffin Brill !!!! Hellfire

    ReplyDelete