Sunday 15 March 2009

Sydney

I have had a really good time in Sydney. AFter the rushed pace of New Zealand and the first few days in Oz, it was really good being based in one place for a while, being able to sleep in a bit later and not have to rush to try and fit everything into a short space of time. Also being able to stay with some of the people I met on the OZ bus has been good too.

Tuesday was spent walking across the harbour Bridge and then walking up one of its pillars, and then walking across the circular area to thh Opera House.

I woke up with a stunning migraine on Wednesday so i had avery slow day wandering around the streets of sydney and then the Botanical gardens, stopping occasionaly to write out a postcard. if you're all lucky you might actually get them b efore i get home, if I can find a post office tomorrow.

on Thursday morning I went and looked around the SYdney aquarium which was great, and then in the evening I went on a boat trip around the Harbour with the group from the bus and then went to a bar for the rest of the evening.

On Friday I went on a bus trip out of the city to the Blue Mountains which was amazing. Probably the nicest place I've been, except possibly Milford SOund, although its a close run thing. Even with my hangover it was a really great place with some great walks up and down the cliff sides. as part of the trip we also went to a place called Sceneic WOrld, which had an absolutely terrifying train ride down the cliff side to the boardwalks that go through the forest at the bottom. the train was the st eepest incline train in the world a nd went down a 50degree slope. it was worse that the trams in San Fransisco

1 comment:

  1. You will be a nervous wreck by the time you get home. I am really looking forward to see the photos.

    Love Mum

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete