Monday 30 March 2009

oh dear. and it was all going so well

I've managed to fall and twist my ankle. on saturday we were staying at a place called Kroombit Cattle station. it was a really cool place and i was having a really good day. i did a walk up a nearby hill where i could look over there 10,000 acres of land, i did rifle shooting, learning how to swing a lasso and crack a whip. it was a really fun day. and then came the Goat Rodeo. my job was to catch the goat by the horns and drag into the centre circle, and whilst trying to change direction quickly in flip-flops i managed to turn and then go down on the side of my ankle. i still managed to catch the goat though. it started to swell almost straight away and got quite painful quite quickly. it just spoiled what would otherwise have been a great day because afterwards there was a mechanical bull to ride and various games played which I couldn't take part in.

so come on claire, I've been meaning to e-mail all week, what's your story? is at as good as mine? I hope your well and everything is okay

the majority of sunday was spent driving from kroombit to Airlie Beach, which didn't really help anything it all, but i was able to visit a chemist to stock up on strapping and drugs which improved things slightly, and this morning i woke and it has more visable bruising on it now.
I'm going on a Whitsunday Islands Boat trip for the next couple of days so i am planning to sit on the deck with my feet up and do very little, and hopefully it might be a bit better by the time i get back. I hope this isn't going to spoil the rest of my trip, and i'm certainly going to try and not let it. it just takes so long to do anything now and its just very annoying.
hopefully things will be a bit better by the time i post again.

2 comments:

  1. Not a pretty sight! Hope it feels better after your lazy days on board while everyone else arounds you works. When you get to Cairns you had better catch up on photos - apart from any more of your dainty feet thank you very much. Just the scenery will do.

    Love
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire and Brett6 April 2009 at 05:32

    Oh my God, Paulski! It looks ike you are having such an amazin time! And your ankle is so so much worse than mine - I feel like a right wuss! And the story was no where near as interestin - I was merely picking up money from bank for work, (though I could pretend I was robbing the chuffer, that sounds more exciting, eh?) That chuffin crocodile looks amazin and it looks so gorgeous and sunny!!! I'm so jealous! lol. We hope you are having a brilliant time me duck! And cant wait to see you and hear all the stories! Have fun, our Paul and take care (especially of that foot!) Love ya!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete